How To Get My Record Expunged?


3 Answers

Aisha Profile
Aisha answered
The procedure is different for different states. However, generally you would have to meet certain requirements for it such as:
- the court proceedings were dismissed
- Acquittal
- There have been no intervening arrests
- You were released without any formal charges being filed
- A minimum length of time has passed.
Your husband would have to fill the expungement forms and pay a fee. His case would be presented before a judge who will decide about it.
Anna Phillips Profile
Anna Phillips answered
Assuming you have the proof that the record is inaccurate, you'll need to contact all three credit bureaus to fix it. Transunion, Experian, and Equifax are the three bureaus in charge of your credit report. You can find them online. Once you've notified them (with proof) you can check each one for free once a year to make sure they've removed the error. The smartest way to do this is to check one each quarter so you actually get three reports a year for free rather than checking them all at the same time once a year.
Brandon Bob Profile
Brandon Bob answered
Being over the age of 18, its not possible in the United States

Answer Question