Do I Have To Give My Wife Money If We Are Separated And Not Divorced?


2 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
My wife wants a separation and take our child into rented accommodation.  He is disabled and she gets approx £500 per month for carers allowance plus other benefits.

Obviously she hasn't been in paid employment since our child was born due to his disability.

The matrimonial home is in my sole name and I have paid all the mortgage, bills and maintained the house in good order.

Legally, what is she entitled to when it comes the matrimonial home and do I have to pay her spousal maintenance if she is claiming carers allowance and other benefits?

I do not want this separation but want to keep her happy if this is what she really wants.

Any advice please.

Answer Question