How To Get Free Divorce Papers In Texas?


3 Answers

Mrs Ellis Profile
Mrs Ellis answered
Divorce Law

Timing and Jurisdiction:

One spouse must be a domiciliary of the State of Texas for at least six months and a resident of a county for ninety days before a divorce can be filed.

After the divorce is filed, there is a minimum 60-day waiting period before the divorce can be granted. Most cases take more than sixty days, to find out what there is and to finalize the agreed documents.


No-Fault Divorce Grounds: (1) the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that has destroyed the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectation of reconciliation; or this no-fault ground (2) living separate and apart without cohabitation for 3 years. [Texas Codes Annotated; Family Code, Chapters 6.001 and 6.006].


After the 60 day period has elapsed there will be a hearing. The hearing last approximately 10 minutes. Only the moving party has to attend the hearing, but it is advisable for both parties to attend. 

  Texas Divorce

            Please also visit our new website dedicated just to Texas Divorce.  We have included some Texas divorce information on this page.  However, we recently launched a new comprehensive divorce site dedicated to the state of Texas that includes a Texas divorce law guide and interactive Texas divorce documents that you can immediately complete on-line and see the results before you buy.  Click here to go to - The Texas Divorce Legal Information Center
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Why get an agreed Texas divorce without an attorney? Visit Verner Law Office Online where you can process your agreed divorce using a board certified Texas family law attorney. It isn't free, but you won;t need to worry about making a mistake in your case.
Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright answered
You may be able to get free forms off the computer but it will still cost you to take them into court for final approval. Contact your local legal aid association and see if they can help. Good luck

Answer Question