My son has my last name on his birth certificate. But my name is not on his birth certificate. How can i add my name to it since i am his father?


1 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
All you have to do is go to the local health department office thhat issues birth certificates. You can call the hospital where your son was born and they can give you the office that will have your sons on file. Then go with the childs mother and be sure to bring id . Tell them you want to put your name on the birth certificate and they will give you and the mother a short form to fill out and get notarized. They will change it right there and give you a new copy ofg the birth certificate. Me and my childs father had to do they same thing. Good luck.

P.s. They charge a fee of 10 to 15 dollars depending on what state you live in:)

Answer Question