My kids' dad only sees one of them and only supports one of them. Only one of them is in his last name with his name on birth certificate. He claimed them both on FAFSA... is that even legal since he only supports one child and not the other?


1 Answers

Walt O'Reagun Profile
Walt O'Reagun answered

A better question is ... If they are both his, why haven't you gotten a court order for him to pay support for both?!?

thanked the writer.
Claire Jones
Claire Jones commented
Because the baby isn't in his name and If I get a court order his last name will change and it is very expensive and why have him in his last name if he doesn't care about him.
Walt O'Reagun
Walt O'Reagun commented
In the US ... there is no law requiring the child's last name be the same as the father, in order to collect child support.

Answer Question