How Do I Evict My Roommate For Non-payment?


5 Answers

Lynn Perie Profile
Lynn Perie answered
You need to give a one month notice in writing, then call the police if the room mate won't move out and they will watch him leave.
William H. Couch Profile
You give him/her a written notice 30 days from when the rent was due. If he/she does not comply contact police and file a formal complaint. Also if you own the property you have the right to put his possessions in storage and charge him/her for 30 days of storage.
At the same time you have the right to change the door locks and charge him/her with the cost. If all the above is ignored, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the person in Small Claims Court for judgement, court costs & attorney's fees.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
If it is weekly rent, it is faster eviction
Jacquelyn Mathis Profile
You have to go to the courthouse where you live, and pick up the eviction papers, fill them out, and set a date for the hearing. Good luck.
Ube Smart Profile
Ube Smart answered
It depends on the state you are in. For best info ask a Real Estate Property Manager in your area they can be very helpful.

Answer Question