How Do I Obtain A Death Certificate From Mexico For An American Citizen?


3 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
A Mexican Death Certificate and other supporting documentation must be presented to the Consulate in the American Citizen Services Unit at any of the US Embassy offices in Mexico. The US Embassy will confirm the death and documentation, then issue a Report of Death of an American Citizen Abroad. This Report of Death of an American Citizen Abroad document is the only death certificate that is valid for legal purposes in the US when someone dies abroad. (I know these things because I investigate and confirm foreign deaths for a living.)
Might I suggest you contact the American Embassy nearest to Ensenada, Mexico. They have proven to be extremely helpful as they are all Americans and speak English and some Spanish. And they are placed there and paid there by our government to assist us and that means you too. Good luck! Let me know if you need anything further as I once lived in Mexico for 2 yers. And have had experience with many of the embassies in Mexico.
Suhail Ajmal Profile
Suhail Ajmal answered
You can order the death certificate online from some of the websites by sitting back at home in Mexico. The process if simple. Find the state of America where the death occurred and then order the certificate. I am sharing a website for you in this regard.
Visit this Web

Answer Question