Is There A Way To Speed Up An I-130 Application For My Wifes Sister In Poland?


3 Answers

Katarzyna Guernsey Profile
There is not much really you can do to speed up this process.If you already filed then its just a waiting game . Unless there is some specific circumstances that would allow the process to be shortened you really got to wait.Most people do it the other way though. They
apply for those once their loved ones are already here on tourist visas.
That allows them to at least vist here first.But your best bet is to contact an immigration attorney !Good luck!
Akshay Kalbag Profile
Akshay Kalbag answered
Citizens of the United States of America who are resident in the United States of America must file petitions for immigrant visas in the United States of America with such government agencies as the Department of Homeland Security (which is abbreviated as the DHS), the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (which is abbreviated as USCIS) office which falls under the jurisdiction of their place of residence.

All petitions for immigrant visas for relatives such as the parents, siblings and children who are over 21 years of age must be filed with the DHS in the United States of America. Citizens of the United States of America who are resident in Colombia may file petitions on behalf of such relatives as their spouses, children who are below the age of 21 and unmarried and stepchildren. It is necessary to attach Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, along with Immigration Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
thanked the writer.
Nate commented
Thanks for your answer on my question. I'm aware already of what you stated as far as the initiation process. What I'm trying to find an answer for, is how to speed up the process. I think it takes at least 3-5 years, and I'd like to speed that up to months if possible. I see all sorts of people here from other parts of the world and it seems like their whole family has gotten here. I want to know how they did it! Russians + Asians seem to know how to do it... How about me?

Answer Question