I want to change my date of birth in birth certificate please  tell me the procedure for that?


5 Answers

Walt O'Reagun Profile
Walt O'Reagun answered

You would have to go to court ... And be able to prove that you were born on a different date.

Taylor Brookes Profile
Taylor Brookes answered

As far as I know, you can't.  Im pretty sure that would be fraud. The only way you could change it would be if it was incorrect (im not even sure how that would happen but anyway) but I dont know how you would go about proving that.

Just out of interest, why exactly do you want to change it anyway?

4 People thanked the writer.
Ganesh Mohite
Ganesh Mohite commented
for passport i am changing it..
pan card,voter id,ssc bord cetificate,aadhar card all have DOB is 5th sep 1990 but birth certificate have 5th sep 1989. so tell me other option
Taylor Brookes
Taylor Brookes commented
Which year is correct? Because if 1989 is correct then you won't be able to change it, but if you can prove 1990 is correct you might be able to.
Walt O'Reagun
Walt O'Reagun commented
I would bet the birth certificate is correct ... and all the others are wrong.

What probably happened is one piece of ID got the wrong date, and all the others used that piece of ID for birthdate.

Most likely what you need to do, is get the date changed on the other IDs.
Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright , Florida Paralegal with a BS degree in Social-Psychology, answered

Unless there is a mistake on the original BC, you cant just change it because you want a different date but if a mistake, get a notarized paper showing correct birth date from Hospital and have Judge approve it but it may not be as easy as it sounds here

Cody Deegan Profile
Cody Deegan answered

These cases are very common. My father is also a victim of this error. He's been celebrating his birthday twice on the same month. I think he is just lucky that the error is not on the year he was born, well not totally lucky because of the error.

Answer Question