My Ex-Husband Is Incarcerated And Not Paying Child Support Will He Go Back To Jail When He Is Released For Non-child Support Payments?


3 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I don't think so. If he is incarcerated then he cannot possibly pay child support. I think what will happen is that all the support he owed will be accrued in arrears. When he gets out, he will have to start paying according to whatever the guidelines are for where you live plus a little extra until he makes up what he missed paying all that time.
Bikergirl Anonymous Profile

Ok that a trick question? I have to ask .. Just how would you propose he pay support ?  He has no means of income .. BECAUSE .. He's incarcerated.

George McCasland Profile
According to Judge David Grey Ross, Commissioner of the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement, child support cannot accrue arrears while in prison.

Answer Question