How To Send Money To Inmate In Rio Grande Detention In Laredo Tx?


5 Answers

Jackie Russell Profile
Jackie Russell answered
The rules laid down regarding mail given by the Rio Grande Detention centre do not explicitly forbid the inclusion of money. It is, however, best to check this out with administration personnel at the centre, by calling them on 956-718-4700.

As a rule, all money destined for inmates at federal institutions has to be deposited into Commissary accounts specifically set up to allow the Bureau of Prisons to maintain incarcerated individual's monies.

Family, friends or any other individuals choosing to do so may deposit money into these accounts by sending them via USPS.

Deposits have to be made in the shape of money orders made out to the full committed name and eight-digit registration number of the inmate. These must be sent to the following address:

Federal Bureau of Prisons
Inmate's valid committed name
Eight digit register of inmate
P.O. Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001

All non-government cheques and non-postal money orders will be held for 15 days. Cash and personal checks will not be accepted for deposits and funds not including valid inmate details will be returned to the sender.

The sender's name and a return address should be included on the envelope's left-hand upper corner to ensure funds which cannot be deposited into an inmate's account can be returned to the correct sender.

Deposit envelopes may not contain any other items meant for delivery to inmates. Any such items included will be disposed of by the Bureau of Prisons.

If posted funds have not been received within a reasonable amount of time, the sender is required to initiate a tracing process with the particular entity/establishment which has sold the money order to them in order to resolve the issue.

The Bureau of Prisons cannot be held responsible for losses of funds incurred during transit.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
You can send money by going online at You will need to register first. Very easy.
Nancy Padilla Profile
Nancy Padilla answered
You have to have their inmate number on the money order.  You can also do it with a credit or debit card by calling 1-866-345-1884 you will need the inmate number here to.
Felisha Williams Profile
If you have their inmate number all you have to do is get an money order and write his inmate number on to where you see make payable to,put his name and his inmate number on it and put it in an envelope with the address its going to,and thats it.
helen cabrera Profile
helen cabrera answered
I'm visiting my husband at the rio grande detention center and for 30 minutes it's a long way to go for 30 minutes.  Is there anyway I could get more time then just 30 minutes

Answer Question