The Title Deeds To My Property Have Been Lost. How Do I Replace Them?


2 Answers

Tom in Houston Profile
Tom in Houston answered

I don't know where you live but in Texas and probably most of the United States that information is recorded by the County Clerk.  Regardless of where you live the information should be easily accessible when requested. 

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
The Land Registry has computerised approximately 20 million records of properties in England and Wales and customers are able to access, and obtain copies of, these records at the Land Registry website.

Small fees are payable for access to the documents and you will need a credit card to pay them. All records are provided in PDF format so you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you can view them.
If the property you are looking for doesn't show up on the digital database, you can ask for a manual search to be conducted for an additional fee. The website contains an online form you can fill out to make this request.

A similar service is provided in Scotland by the Registers of Scotland. Their website can be found at :

In Northern Ireland the service is provided by the agency Land Registers of Northern Ireland. Their website is :

Answer Question