My son is thirteen. He lives with his mom but wants to move in with me. What age can he decide where he wants to live?


1 Answers

Allynda Greeno Profile
Allynda Greeno answered

In most states the child needs to be 14 in order to make that decision. The best thing to do is file for a mitigation hearing. This is a private meeting where you, your ex and your son can discuss the issue with a judge. The judge will decide if your son is mature enough, and wants to live with you for the RIGHT reasons.

Good Luck

Answer Question