What's the difference between a lawyer and a solicitor?

6

Hilary Newton Profile
Hilary Newton answered
Lawyer's are a step up from solicitor's+Barristers are a step up from lawyer's,
Ray Dart Profile
Ray Dart answered

They should both be tarred and feathered

1 Person thanked the writer.
Ray Dart
Ray Dart commented
I'm hoping this answer will trigger a mail to the questioner, Eleanor Jones. (emmaelsie for some time). She is an old friend and was a long-time blurter. I tried to mail her and her old e-mail address is no longer valid. This was such a huge and tight community once. Almost everyone gone. There are just Arthur Wright and me left of the original adopters, I think.
Rooster Cogburn
Rooster Cogburn commented
Maybe it will ! So many teens lately! Some are nice and have manners but a lot of them talk that ghetto talk or text talk. I look forward to good adult questions and answers !
Ray Dart
Ray Dart commented
There were always lots of teens and lots of questions about Justin Bieber. Lots of teen angst.

We had an informal award - "The Ray Ottewell Award for anyone starting a question with 'Ok, so there's this guy......'"

I know I go on about it (and you are probably sick of hearing it) but that was the sort of stuff that we used to get up to.

No real social interaction now. It's a pity.
Peggy Burtwell Profile
Peggy Burtwell answered
A lawyer is like a shark and a solicitor is like shark food
joan saviour Profile
joan saviour answered
One is barrister (lawyer) and the other one is his adviser (solicitor)

Eleanor jones, actually there are not so many differences. What and where you should really pay attention, is on the field of their legal business and what they can protect, exactly which your rights. For example, these guys ( here: https://federal-lawyer.com/import-export-law/ ) know everything about import and export, and know how to help you with that, if you have any issues related to this sphere of business.

Tony Newcastle Profile
Tony Newcastle answered
A lawyer is a shark/pimp who keeps a bunch of prostitutes in business;  a solicitor is just one of his prostitutes for hire.
--Is this the right answer?? --It was just a random guess!
Eleanor jones
Eleanor jones commented
Well, I know that they can be as bent as any other professional. Are they not the same then except the lawyer is an American soloiitor. I think so but not sure!

Anonymous