What advice would you give to someone who is getting divorced?

Walt O'Reagun Profile
Walt O'Reagun answered

That depends on the relationship.

If you can, keep it friendly.  Talk out how you want everything split, and share an attorney who will draw up and file all the appropriate papers.

If you can't keep it friendly ... And there are kids ... Keep the best interests of the kids in mind.

If you can't keep it friendly ... And there are NO kids ... Protect your interests by getting the best lawyer you can.  Ask around.  Remember that some people will bad-mouth a lawyer who "took them to the cleaners" - and you may want THAT lawyer.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

Well, just don't ever again take a vow that suggests you will remain married to the person you have chosen to marry for richer or poorer, for better or for worse, till death do us part, because you would probably be starting another marriage with another deadly lie.

Willie B. good Profile
Willie B. good answered

You're a lying troll, you're not getting divorced. All you're doing is spamming this site and answering your own question under anonymous...GET LOST TROLL .

Unless the person was abusive, be civil, especially if children are involved. If the other person was abusive,  take them for all they are worth.

Getting divorced can be tough, and from my own experience, here are some tips that I wish someone had given me:

• Find a great divorce lawyer

When I got divorced, I knew nothing about divorce law, and this left me confused and frustrated. Thankfully, I found a divorce attorney near me through Santa Barbara Divorce Lawyers of Kaspar & Lugay, LLP. They were brilliant and helped me through the whole process from start to finish. If you're considering getting divorced without a lawyer, I would advise you against it. It's much easier having experienced professionals on your side for help and advice.

• Ask your family for help

During my divorce, I was embarrassed to tell my parents what was going on, and this left me completely alone carry a huge emotional weight. After a couple of weeks, I decided to explain everything to my parents. They were super supportive, and I had no idea why I had waited so long to tell them. Having support from your loved ones is super helpful.

Anonymous