78 year old sister lives alone. Has not left her home for 9 months. Doesn't go to doctoror take her medication. She will not sign a power of attorney. I am deeply concerned about her. Any suggestions where I can turn for help??


1 Answers

Danae Hitch Profile
Danae Hitch answered

I suggest that you try and contact your local Office on Aging in addition to calling 211 for community information and referral services.

Please be advised that unless your sister cooperates, your attempts at helping her is limited to what she will agree to. It's hard to watch someone decline but there is only so much you can do. She needs to be on board as well.

4 People thanked the writer.
View all 4 Comments
Danae Hitch
Danae Hitch commented
Excellent. How about yourself? Plans for the weekend?
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
Yang is wanting to drag us out to the beach again! Lol! I am not looking to the crowds cuz I am sure everyone else and their grandma's are thinking the same thing! But it's his days off so I go with the flow. Plus he is right I always end up having a bunch of fun taking pictures. Sooooooo I am taking the bank card and going on a memory card and picture CD shopping spree!!!!! You know..... in preparation for the trip! Lol! Teeheehee 😎🤑😲😫📷📸😄😃😂😁
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
How about you guys? You all got plans? 😊

Answer Question